Unfortunately, illness (both my cold/sinus infection/never ending cough and Chesney's stomach flu) prevented us from having a baking day with my mom and sister, but I can't let the holiday season go without making a little treat.
These little pretzel sandwiches are super simple to make and very cute.
1. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. (Not waxed paper. That would be a bad idea.)
2. Place square waffle pretzels on paper in a single layer. We used Snyder's. From Walmart.
3. Place unwrapped Rolo on each pretzel. The original pin said to use those little mini candybars, but I used Rolos.
4. Put in the oven at 300 degrees for 3 minutes.
5. Take out of the oven and while the Rolos are still warm, press another pretzel on top.
6. I let the little sandwiches cool and then I froze them overnight. You wouldn't have to do this, but that's how it worked for me. Plus I think having them frozen helps them to dip better.
7. Melt some white almond bark in a glass bowl. Dip about half the sandwich in the almond bark, place on parchment paper, and before the chocolate hardens, sprinkle with holiday sprinkles.
8. Let them cool and eat. Dan gives these a big thumbs up!